Team me is self motivation. Team me, is being pro-self, it’s putting measures in place to keep yourself healthy and happy. Whether physically, mentally, emotionally or even spiritually.
You are your biggest cheerleader, and power source. To reach your goals in life and to be able to break barriers, YOU have to believe in yourself. Piloting through life isn’t easy, as we all can attest. From time to time you may feel down, stressed out or simply overwhelmed by situations in your life, take a break. To help others you need to take care of yourself first. Here are a few things to do to relax and de-stress:
- Make a nice cup of tea, get cozy and read a novel.
- Watch some funny videos on YouTube.
- This one may be strange but clean your room… When I turn on the stereo and get cleaning it helps to de-clutter my mind.
- Do some yoga, my favourite pose is the Shavasana, especially the part where I start to drift off to sleep.
- Call up your best friend
- Go get a pedicure with the bestie.
- Not trying to fatten you up but go get some dessert, whether ice cream, frozen yogurt, or some cake.
I titled this article “The Dreamer” because that’s me. Ideas float about and I write them down hoping to one day get to it. I’ve taken ‘Team Me’ very seriously lately, and I’ve done something that I’m proud of. I decided to follow my dreams. I’m now a university student, majoring in Journalism. I believe life is too short and too uncertain to stick to the cookie-cutter pattern. Don’t restrict yourself because of fear.
I want to wish you all a Happy New Year filled with blessings, love, and fulfilling adventures. Go into 2018 with team me at the forefront of your brain.
Do what makes you happy. Be #TeamME
With that I’ll leave you with my favourite quote:
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve always imagined.”
-Henry David Thoreau